Tuesday, December 11, 2007

When I signed up for this course, I really did not know what I was signing up for, but I got really lucky. I ended up loving this class and learning so much. I feel like I know a lot more about my weaknesses as a writer, which there are a lot of. But once I got a better sense of what they were, I was able to deal with them. I also found out that this is a good topic to study. I'm not going to lie here, I was not really that into the topic when I found out what it was, but I've really enjoyed everything we've read in this class. I loved Julie and Julia, and I enjoyed all the excerpts from the autobiographies we read. Except maybe Meatless Days-that book just did not do it for me. But I really did love this class. The class size was perfect, and I loved knowing the people in my class. It was great that we got to have small group discussions because I think people definitely feel more comfortable in that environment. Having writing conferences was also helpful for me. It's nice knowing that a professor really cares about your progress and wants you to do well in the class. I'm actually pretty depressed this class is over. If it's possible, I think I'll just go ahead and take it next semester.

No comments: